Sunday, May 31, 2009

Word of the day: SIMPLE!

Whenever Laura and I hang out, we do a "word of the day" as a joke. But this, my friends, is no joke. :)


After being inspired by a card by a famous card company which makes nothing but beautiful cards, I came up with a very similar design that I could make at home. I made this card in probably...15 minutes. Cards usually take me a looooong time and I'm typically not happy with the outcome AFTER that looooong time.

Here was the process that took 15 minutes:
1) Cut all paper to size.
2) Print sentiments on cardstock.
3) Adhere all paper together (the only thing I would change next time would be NOT using this glitter paper OR using a stronger adhesive - which I didn't have available!)
4) Stamp using 2 colors of ink over sentiment.
5) Add stickles (very thin puffy paint) wherever you please.

When I showed Scott this card he said, "that looks so professional that it looks like you bought it." What a compliment! Scott's mom, when we gave it to her, said "Did you MAKE this? It's so professional!" All of the above...made my day!
Without further ado, here is the card :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

You should probably tell me what you think, I mean, really...